I’m totally digging our new work hours. True, we have two less hours per week, but we actually have two consecutive days off, Friday and Saturday, and it’s nice to have a “week-end”.
I went to two libraries, the bank, and then off to lunch. I had the most scrumptious Chili & Cheese Omelet (with extra cheese of course!) at Kerby’s Coney Island today. I asked for my hash browns to be extra crisp (and they were perfect) and on each half of my white buttered toast I tried a different jelly. To drink I had orange soda (a deliciously strange combination!)
After eating I went to CVS for some new hair supplies, then visited dad who is still in Heartland. The glint in his eye that seemed like he sorta kinda remembered me is gone and now he thinks I’m just another therapist that comes into the room. I think he gets quite relieved when he sees me pull up a chair to sit by him and just chill out, rather than push and pull on his arms and legs. He sleeps a lot. He does look good, considering his condition. His dentures are still out though and it is difficult to understand what he is saying. At one point however, while his eyes were shut, I asked him how his legs are feeling. He didn’t respond until a few seconds had passed, and then he clearly said “I don’t know what you are talking about.” It’s the first absolutely clear statement I’ve heard him say for weeks. A short moment later he opened his eyes and didn’t know what just occurred.
Beautiful full Wolf Moon tonight, the perfect night to go outside and howl
No comments:
Post a Comment